For the wings:
1.2kg chicken wings
30g The Groovy Food Company Coconut Flour
6 spring onions, sliced
3 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
For the Sauce:
100g Tamarind paste
10 Garlic cloves
175ml coconut vinegar
100ml The Groovy Food Company Dark Agave Nectar
150g Korean hot red pepper paste (available to purchase at Sainsbury’s)
500ml The Groovy Food Company Virgin Coconut oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 200°C. Place all the ingredients for the sauce into a blender and whizz for 1-2 minutes.
2. Lightly coat the chicken breasts in coconut flour, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large frying pan with coconut oil and add the chicken wings, cooking on each side for two to three minutes until slightly golden.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat and add the sauce to the pan, stirring thoroughly to coat all the wings.
5. Cook the wings in the oven for 12 mins. Once done, serve in bowls with sliced chillies and springs onions and dig in to enjoy!
Award-winning British brand The Groovy Food Company (www.groovyfood.co.uk), has partnered with chef and model, Isaac Carew to create the recipe, to show consumers how best to use the brand’s natural and unrefined ingredients to create delicious meals that are honest in ingredients and happy in taste - To view the full collection of The Groovy Food Company’s recipes please visit www.groovyfood.co.uk/recipes