4 Cornish mackerel fillets
1 large aubergine, thinly sliced
600g Cornish New potatoes
2-3 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper
For the sauce:
8 tbsp of Cornish clotted cream
4 tsp English mustard
4 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
2 tsp oregano
3 tbsp olive oil
A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Wedges of fresh lemon
Your choice of green veg or salad
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC (fan180oC). Give the potatoes a wash and then simmer them in salted water for 7 minutesand drain.
2. Meanwhile, frythefish gently in a little olive oil, skin down, then place in a medium-sized baking dish. Fry the aubergine slices in the same pan, adding more oil if needed, allowing the fish flavours to soak into them.
3. Layer the fried aubergine slices on top of the fish. Slice the potatoes and layer on top of the aubergines.
4. Whisk all the ingredients for thesauce together and pour generously over the fish mixture. Scatter the breadcrumbs over the top and place in the oven.
5. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have gone golden and crispy.
6. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with a wedge of lemon and your choice of green veg or salad.
Recipe courtesy of Seasonal Spuds