750g small Cornish New potatoes
1 aubergine, diced
200g button mushrooms
1 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
½ tsp coriander seed
½ tsp cumin seed
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp chilli powder (optional)
1-2 tbsp rapeseed oil
Sea salt and black pepper to season
To make your own raita:
250g Greek yogurt (or vegan coconut yoghurt)
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ small pack fresh coriander, finely chopped
¼ small pack fresh mint, finely chopped
Juice of half a lime
¼ cucumber, grated and lightly squeezed
Mix all the ingredients together and chill until ready to serve
1. Parboil or steam the Cornish New potatoes for 8-10 minutes, until they are tender. Drain.
2. Preheat the oven 200oC / 180oC Fan / Gas 6.
3. Crush the coriander and cumin seeds with a pestle and mortar, or between two spoons.
4. Put the potatoes, vegetables, spices and oil into a large polythene bag and shake to coat.
5. Turn the vegetables out onto a baking tray and cook for 30–35 minutes, until all the veg is cooked to your liking.
6. Serve with the raita.
Recipe courtesy of Seasonal Spuds