85g (3oz) strong white bread flour
55g (2oz) wholemeal flour
55g (2oz) White's Organic Jumbo Oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
200g Curly kale, thick stalks removed
300g (10oz) lean minced lamb
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 fat red chilli, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
2 tsp tikka curry paste
1. Tip the strong flour, wholemeal flour, half the oats and salt into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle over the yeast and stir well. In a measuring jug mix together 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and 100ml cool water. Pour the water into the flour mixture and bring together to a soft slightly sticky dough - adding a little extra water if necessary.
2. Tip the dough onto a lightly oiled surface and knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and set aside for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
3. Preheat the oven and a baking tray 220*C/fan oven 200*C/Gas 7. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 1-2 minutes. Divide into 4 equal sized pieces and roll into an oval shape about 1 cm thick. Bake on the preheated oven tray for 8-10 minutes until risen and beginning to colour.
4. Meanwhile, blanch the kale in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well and pat dry with kitchen paper.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the minced lamb, coriander and cumin for 3-4 minutes breaking up the mince with a spoon and stirring frequently. Add the chilli, garlic, curry paste and kale and fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining oats. Season to taste.
6. Chargrill the flatbreads if liked and spoon the minced lamb mixture over the top. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of White's Organic Jumbo Oats