1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium red onion, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp piri piri seasoning
1 whole hot red chilli (optional - if you like it very spicy!)
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
4 large British Lion eggs
Chopped parsley to garnish
Chunky bread to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large lidded frying pan over a high heat and add the red onion and yellow peppers. Fry on a high heat for a couple of minutes then reduce the heat, put the lid on and sweat the vegetables for 10 minutes until they are soft and lightly coloured.
2. Remove the lid, add the piri piri seasoning and whole chilli (if using) and fry for another minute.
3. Then add the chopped tomatoes and 100ml water, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the balsamic vinegar, stir and then crack in the eggs one by one. Put the lid on the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the whites are set.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with chunky bread.
Recipe courtesy of British Lion eggs www.eggrecipes.co.uk