1 tablespoon Napolina Olive Oil
1 onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
250g Arborio risotto rice
700ml vegetable stock
1 x 390g carton of Napolina Passata with Basil
1 tablespoon of Napolina Double Concentrated Tomato Purée
225g can cherry tomatoes
30g basil, leaves picked and torn
50g Parmesan cheese or vegetarian hard cheese, grated
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, chop an onion and fry for 5-10 minutes, until softened.
2. Finely chop two cloves of garlic and add for the last minute.
3. Add 250g of Arborio rice and cook for 1 minute and then pour in 150ml vegetable stock. Cook, stirring, until fully absorbed.
4. Add an additional 600ml of stock, 1 carton of passata with basil and 1 tablespoon of tomato purée into a separate pan, stir and cook until just simmering.
5. Add a ladleful to the risotto and let it be absorbed before adding in the next. Continue this until only a couple of ladlefuls remain. This should take about 20 minutes.
6. Add in fresh cherry tomatoes with the last 2 ladlefuls of stock.Once absorbed, stir in basil and Parmesan cheese or vegetarian hard cheese.
7. Season to taste then serve with additional basil and Parmesan cheese or vegetarian hard cheese scattered over.
Recipe courtesy of Napolina