1 litre smoked tea such as Lapsang Souchong
500g beef fillet, cut in to 4 steaks
For the Marinade:
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp lime juice
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp grated horseradish – make it easy and use the Microplane® Master Series Coarse Grater
Lime, cut in to wedges
Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
Handful chopped peanuts (optional)
1. Prepare the smoked tea and let it cool in a dish about 5cm deep.
2. Put the ingredients for the marinade and 3tbsp water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil until the sugar dissolves.
3. Grate the horseradish with the Microplane® Master Series Coarse Grater and mix in to the marinade to form a paste.
4. Rub the paste on to each steak and place into the smoked tea.
5. Let the steaks marinate for 2-4 hours or overnight – turning a few times.
6. Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry with kitchen roll or a clean tea towel.
7. Rub each side of the steak with oil and fry in a hot frying pan, griddle or BBQ until cooked to your liking.
8. Let the steaks rest for about 5 mins.
9. Serve with lime wedges, coriander, peanuts and potato wedges (also rather tasty with crusty bread).
Recipe courtesy of Microplane®