2 red onions
1 tsp butter
1 tsp sugar
250g sweet potatoes
400g tin of chickpeas (220g drained weight)
2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp breadcrumbs
1/2 bunch chives, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt, pepper and smoked paprika spice!
4 burger buns
1 tomato, sliced
Chipotle mayonnaise, to serve
1. Cut the red onions into thick rings, melt the butter with the sugar and brown the onion. Set aside.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and the courgette, then grate both with the Extra Coarse blade.
3. Drain the chickpeas and roughly crush half of them. Put everything together in a bowl.
4. Add the egg, flour, breadcrumbs, chives, garlic, salt, pepper and the smoked paprika spice in to the bowl. Mix everything together to a dry mass.
5. Form the burgers either with your hands or with a burger-shaper, rub a little oil on each side and cook them on the BBQ. Once cooked, remove from the BBQ on to kitchen roll.
6. Toast the burger buns on the BBQ or in the toaster. Assemble burgers: bread roll base, salad, burger, onions, tomato, mayonnaise and finally the bread roll lid on top.
Recipe courtesy of Microplane®