1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Onions, finely chopped
2 Celery Sticks, finely chopped
2 Carrots, peeled and finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and crushed
2 teaspoon Curry Powder
150g Red Lentils,
1 ½ litres Low Salt Vegetable Stock,
120ml Tomato Juice,
Black Pepper, freshly ground
Pinch of LoSalt
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then add the onions, celery, carrots and LoSalt. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
2. Add the garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute, then add the lentils, stock, and tomato juice.
3. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
4. You can either whizz this up with a hand blender or liquidizer or just leave it slightly lumpy - your choice!
5. Season with freshly ground black pepper, and serve hot.
Recipe courteys of Sally Bee and LoSalt