150g Lily O’Brien’s Dark Chocolate baking drops
350ml Whipping cream
3 egg whites
4 egg yolks
80g caster sugar
2 tablespoons Hazelnut paste (Nutella)
2 tablespoons Hazelnut liquor (optional)
1. Melt the Lily O’Brien’s dark chocolate drops in microwave or in a bowl over pan of simmering water, set aside to cool down slightly.
2. Whip cream to soft peaks and set aside.
3. Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form – set aside.
4. In a bowl with electric mixer whip egg yolks and sugar until fluffy and risen.
5. Add the Hazelnut paste, liquor and melted chocolate to the egg yolk, keep mixing until combined.
6. Gently fold in the whipped cream and egg whites until mix is smooth, try not to deflate mix.
7. Divide into small glasses or cups and freeze for approx. 4 hours.
8. Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving, sprinkle with milk chocolate shavings and roasted hazelnut pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Lily O'Brien