250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt (fine grain)
Zest of 2 limes
8 tbsp Belvoir Lime & Lemongrass Cordial
1. Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the baking powder, salt and lime zest.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat and allow to cool.
3. Put the eggs, milk, cordial, melted butter and sugar in a bowl and mix together.
4. Pour the dry ingredients over the liquid and fold in but do not over-stir, as this will stop the muffins rising well.
5. Grease your muffin tins well and then fill up the muffin holes with the rest of the muffin mixture.
6. Bake in an oven for about 20 minutes at Gas 6, 400°F or 200°C until well risen and brown.
For the garnish: Mix icing sugar with Lime & Lemongrass cordial until a thick icing is achieved which slowly drops from a spoon, once the muffins are iced, grate lime zest over and top with pieces of dried coconut.
Recipe courtesy of Belvoir