1 Medium Head of Cauliflower
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 400g Can of Chickpeas
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1 Pinch Cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper
4 Large handfuls of rocket
1 Ripe Avocado
1/2 Small Red Onion
1/2 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts
Extra lemon slices/wedges for serving
A delightful, colourful salad with a variety of delicious flavours. This roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and rocket salad is vegan and a great recipe for all occasions.
1. Heat microwave oven to 200c. Prepare the baking sheet with foil.
2. Spread the cauliflower out on the baked sheet and drizzle with 1bsp of olive oil. Toss to combine until the cauliflower is evenly coated.
3. Spread the cauliflower out evenly on the baking sheet, and set aside.
4. In a separate small bowl, toss together the chickpeas, cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, cayenne, and remaining 1 tbsp of oil until evenly combined.
5. Sprinkle the chickpea mixture on top of the cauliflower, and given the pan a good shake so that everything forms one single layer.
6. Season evenly with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper.
7. Bake for 20-25mins in the middle shelf position on 200c + STEAM 1. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack until ready to use.
8. Combine the salad ingredients with the cauliflower and chickpea mixture. Serve with lemon hummus.
This recipe was created using the Panasonic Slimline Combination Microwave Oven which has a grill, microwave and oven setting (and 29 automated cooking programmes), but could be replicated using a standard microwave. For more recipe inspiration visit www.theideaskitchen.co.uk