1 tsp baking powder
350g plain flour
For the Spices:
1tsp ground ginger
Use the Spice Mill for the following:
Cinnamon stick to get 1 tsp ground
Cinnamon, Nutmeg to get ¼ tsp ground
Nutmeg and cloves to get ¼ tsp ground
Pinch of salt
175g brown sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
For the Decoration
1 tsp icing sugar
For the equipment
Food Processor, Microplane® Spice Mill,
Baking Tray and Cookie Cutters
Preheat the oven to 175°C / Fan 155°C / Gas 5 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
1. Mix baking powder with flour and all the spices and salt in a food processor. Add brown sugar and butter.
2. Add golden syrup and egg to the food processor while it’s still running. Pulse until the mixture stays together.
3. Take the dough out of the food processor and knead briefly with floured hands. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for approx. 30 mins.
4. Lightly flour a work surface and roll the gingerbread dough to a 0.5cm (¼ inch) thickness. Cut out the gingerbread with your favorite shapes. Place on a baking tray.
5. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden.
6. Let the cookies cool down and decorate with icing sugar.
Recipe courtesy of Microplane®