½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
275g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 large Clarence Court Burford Brown eggs
50g goats’ cheese, cut into 5 mm cubes
5 tbsp Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly
Small bunch of rosemary, broken into 22 small sprigs
A little butter for greasing
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
2. Grease a mini muffin tin with butter.
3. Melt the butter in a small pan, add the onions and once softened, set aside to cool.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
5. In a jug mix 3 tbsp of the Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly until smooth. Beat in the eggs then add the milk. Fold the milk/egg mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring as little as possible. Gently fold in the softened onions, goats’ cheese and parmesan.
6. Spoon mixture into the mini muffin tin, you can pile the mixture quite high.
7. Top each muffin with a small sprig of rosemary.
8. Bake in the oven for around 20 mins or until risen and golden.
9. In a small saucepan, gently heat the remaining Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly with 1 tbsp of hot water until smooth. Remove from the heat and brush the tops of the muffins with the jelly.
10. Serve with extra Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Tracklements