150g Flahavan’s Organic Jumbo Porridge Oats
100g sprouted buckwheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
50g toasted blanched hazelnuts, chopped
200g hazelnut butter
90ml coconut oil
60ml ginger syrup, from stem ginger
60ml maple syrup
90g stem ginger, finely chopped
100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4 and line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Combine the Flahavan’s Organic Jumbo Porridge oats, buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and chopped hazelnuts together in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a saucepan, mix together the hazelnut butter, tahini, coconut oil, ginger syrup and maple syrup and gently melt over a low heat until combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir, slowly folding in the stem ginger.
5. Roll the mixture into 18 small balls and place on the baking tray. Gently flatten each ball with a fork and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes (or until brown on the edges).
6. Once cooked, allow to cool for 15 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a cooling rack. Whilst the cookies are cooling, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
7. Drizzle the chocolate over them using a teaspoon. Allow the chocolate to cool and set completely, then enjoy or wrap up with some ribbon and treat your friends and family.
Recipe courtesy of Flahavan's Organic Porridge Oats