1 ¼ cup of oats
½ cup of ground almonds
½ cup of pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons of coconut oil – melted
3 tablespoons of runny almond butter
5 tablespoons of maple syrup or agave nectar
1 tablespoon of milled flaxseeds + 3 tablespoons of water
½ teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
A pinch of sea salt
50g of MIA Candied Orange Chocolate chopped into small pieces
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (optional)
2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
1. Start by preheating the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a small bowl mix together the flaxseeds with the water and let it sit for 10 minutes until it becomes gloopy, kind of like a jelly.
3. Place the oats in a blender and blend until they turn into a flour.
4. Add the oat flour together with the ground almonds, baking powder, bicarbonate, salt and all the spices and give it a good mix.
5. In a separate bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup and the flaxseeds mixture.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix everything together.
7. Stir in the chopped up chocolate, pecans, pumpkin seeds and cranberry.
8. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the cookie mixture and place it on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. With your hands roughly shape it into a cookie and repeat. Don’t worry if they don’t look perfect, they will still be delicious!
9. Bake the cookies in the oven for 12-15 minutes. They will still be soft on the touch when they come out but they will harden during the cooling process. Let them cool for 20-30 minutes and then enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of MIA / created by Elisa Rossi from www.happyskinkitchen.com