2 x 150g ling fillet (fish)
120g cherry tomatoes
30g Belazu naturally-ripened
pitted black olives
1 yellow pepper
2 tbsp red pesto (nuts / soya)
80g brown rice
Large handful of flat-leaf
1. Boil a kettle.
2. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked, then drain.
3. Cut the yellow pepper into bite-sized pieces. Cut the ling into bite-sized pieces. Thread the ling onto the skewers alternately with the yellow pepper. Place the red pesto in a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Spread the pesto over the fish skewers and set aside while you make the salad.
4. To make the cucumber and olive salad; slice the ends off the half cucumber and dice into 1cm cubes, quarter the cherry tomatoes and halve the black olives. Roughly chop the parsley leaves. Place the cucumber, tomatoes, olives and parsley in a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and half of the juice from the lemon.
5. Preheat a frying pan or griddle pan on a medium heat and cook the skewers for 8-12 mins, turning occasionally, until the fish is cooked through and the peppers have slightly softened.
6. Place 2 fish skewers on two warm plates and serve alongside the cucumber and olive salad and the brown rice. Drizzle over the remaining lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef