- 4 slices of Schär Wholesome White loaf
- 2 eggs
- 50ml milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon ground
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 25g butter
- 25g raspberries
- 25g blueberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla together in a shallow dish.
2. Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a moderate heat.
3. Cut the slices of bread in half and pass through the egg mixture ensuring that both sides are well coated and the bread is saturated with the egg mixture. Place into the frying pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes, turn over with a fish slice and cook the other side, repeat until all the egg mixture has been used.
4. To serve cut the French toast into finger sticks and divide between 2 plates, add the fresh raspberries and blueberries.
5. Drizzle over the maple syrup and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Schär, check out its new low FODMAP* range in store now!
*A low FODMAP diet allows for 50mls of milk per day. 50mls of milk is two servings