This week's Try Me is... The Griddle & Grill from Cuisinart
From a speedy after school healthy snack, to a creative dinner party meal, the Griddle & Grill is the right machine for a multitude of tasks. Use with the ridged grill plates for grilling a variety of both meat and vegetable dishes, such as seared steaks and chargrilled asparagus. Or switch to the flat griddle plates for everything from toasted sandwiches and pancakes to scallops. It's large enough to create meals to feed the whole family, yet easy to store away for smaller spaces. Additionally, the removable Griddle & Grill plates go in the dishwasher for a quick and easy clean up – perfect for busy family life or a post dinner part wind down!
If you're after some killer sandwich inspiration to go with your Griddle & Grill, then take a look at our recipe for grilled halloumi on sourdough toast below!
Grilled Halloumi on Sourdough Toast
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil for drizzling over the bread
- 225g halloumi, thickly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium courgette
1. Heat the 2 in 1 Grill & Sandwich Maker or the Griddle & Grill on high with the grill plates fitted.
2. Place the slices of halloumi on the grill and lower the lid to cook on both sides until golden brown.
3. Drizzle the sourdough with olive oil. Remove the cooked halloumi from the grill and add the sourdough slices. Lower the lid to cook on both sides until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, spiralize the courgette using the spiralizing attachment on the Cuisinart Expert Prep Pro and scatter all over the toast.