As the seasons change, it's now time to wipe away the cobwebs and prepare your home for spring and summer. To help you to do this, our friends at method have put together eight handy tips to get your home spick and span for spring time
1. Don’t make your bed; instead air it out with the window open. It will refresh your sheets.
2. Do you worry about what’s growing on your kid’s toys? Pop them in a plastic bag in the freezer for three to five hours to kill dust mites.
3. Putting the lid down when you flush the toilet will stop nasties being released into your bathroom.
4. Clean your vacuum out twice a year by removing dust from the dust compartment, sprinkling + shaking with baking soda, then wiping with a damp cloth.
5. Instead of lugging around a bucket of water just to squeeze dirt into it, how about using a dirt-catching microfiber cloth and non-toxic floor cleaner like the method lemon ginger squirt + mop hard floor cleaner instead.
6. Ever looked at your washing up sponge, shuddered but put it back in the sink anyway? Pop it in the dishwasher or for a few seconds in the microwave to make it as good as new.
7. Wash your washing machine by pouring 200ml of white vinegar into the drawer + run a cold cycle (with no clothes).
8. Doing your laundry in cold water is better for the environment, but one area worth using hot water is to clean bedding. Bedding should be washed once a week in a hot wash to kill dust mites. Pillows should be washed every three months.
For more infomation and products, please visit: www.methodproducts.co.uk