The Bake Off is officially back on our screens, and to celebrate we've teamed up with Pink Lady Apples to bring you a delicious apple and cinnamon bake that is bound to see you crowned star baker.
- 2 to 3 Pink Lady apples
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- icing sugar to dust
1. Slice your apples in half and remove the core but keeping the half apple intact.
2. Thinly slice your apples and put into a microwavable bowl with the juice of a lemon (to prevent browning and to make the apples more pliable). Cover with cling film and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes to soften. Leave to cool.
3. Open up your puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Cut lengthways into 6 even strips.
4. Brush each strip with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and caster sugar.
5. Start at one end of the pastry and place your apple slices half way up the pastry (so you can fold the pastry over later). Place the apple slices along the pastry overlapping slightly as you go. Leave a gap of few centimetres at the end to stick the pastry together.
6. Fold over the bottom half of the pastry and roll from the end that you started placing the apples first. Lightly press the excess pastry to seal together.
7. Place into a lined muffin tin and cook in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180°c or Gas mark 4.
8. Cool on a wire rack, then sprinkle with icing sugar to finish.
Recipe courtesy of Pink Lady Apples