Have yourself a healthy Hump Day with this easy 30-minute recipe…
If you're experiencing a mid-week slump then it's time to try Love Beets' new Buddha Bowl!
Full of greeny goodness and bursting with sweet and smoky shredded beetroot, it's ready in just half an hour and includes a variety of healthy foods that will get you feeling ready for the weekend.
Love Beets Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot Middle-Eastern Buddha Bowl
- 50g bulgur wheat
- 5 large tomatoes
- 100g parsley
- 50g mint, leaves picked
- ½ red onion
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 4 tbsp plant-based Greek-style yoghurt
- 400g tin chickpeas
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ a cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 2 x 180g Love Beets Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
1. Cook the bulgur wheat according to packet instructions and set aside to cool.
2. Dice the tomatoes, parsley, mint and red onion and stir through the bulgur wheat with 3 tbsp olive oil and season to taste.
3. Fold the harissa through the yoghurt and set aside.
4. Drain the chickpeas thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen towel.
5. Add the remaining oil to a large frying pan and set over a high heat. Carefully add the chickpeas and cook, turning from time to time for about 5 minutes until golden and crisp. Add the cinnamon, coriander, cumin, chilli and sea salt flakes. Toss to coat and cook for 30 seconds more before removing from the heat.
6. Arrange the bulgur wheat mix, roasted chickpeas, cucumber, Love Beets Sweet + Smoky Shredded Beetroot, pomegranate seeds and harissa yoghurt between 4 bowls and serve.
To add a touch of effortless chic to your mealtimes, snap up the Love Beets range from the chilled, fresh produce aisle of Tesco stores nationwide now at just £1.25 each.