- Bekvam step stool, £13, Ikea
- rose gold and white spray paints, £9.49 per 400ml, Rust-Oleum
- disposable roasting tray or dish
- rose gold nail varnish
- clear varnish
- paint brush
1. Prepare your step stool. We painted the legs with rose gold spray paint and the steps with white. Give them three coats of colour, ensuring each one is dry before applying the next.
2. Pour water into the disposable dish until it is about an inch deep. Pour an entire bottle of rose gold nail varnish into the water, spreading it around the dish evenly. Use a toothpick to marble the design, ensuring you don’t mix it up too much.
3. Working quickly, dip the painted steps into the mixture. Carefully remove them from the water and lay flat to dry – the marbled design should have transferred to the steps. Apply a coat of clear varnish to the design to protect it, then construct the stool as indicated in the manufacturer’s instructions.