Louise Redknapp has partnered exclusively with Harveys to share her tips on exactly what we can do to create our own stylish lounge...
1. Think about giving your home a colour injection. One of the best ways to do this is by going bold with dark floors or a polished cement wall. This provides you with an industrial feeling which can then be counter balanced by using soft furnishings.
2. It's actually easy to achieve symmetry in the living room - all you need to do is line up your statement pieces to ensure your lounge is your home's hub. If you have the space, a big sofa with two matching armchairs will be a great way to provide your room with a central focus.
3. Are you after a simple way create a welcoming environment in your living room? Well, adorn your coffee table with some books or candles. It's the little touches like these that will create an inviting atmosphere.
4. If you want to bring your own individual style and personality into your room, hang some statement pieces of art. This will give you a unique vibe.
5. One of the key aspects in your home will be the lighting. It's often an afterthought, but the lighting fixtures and stands illuminate the furniture and provide additional depth and atmosphere to both the furnishings and walls.
6. When you're picking your sofa's colour, make sure it fits with your lifestyle. For instance, if you have young children, pick darker colours - they're easy to wipe and also banishes stains or spillages that could appear when kids eat on the sofa.
7. A great focal point - and addition - to your room will be books. You can find some nice vintage hard backs by visiting old book shops and markets. You can then line them up to give you a statement shelf.
8. Mixing modern furniture with older pieces will showcase an eclectic style, with the older, retro pieces giving you a nice contrast.