The Body Coach is back, and this time he's sharing his recipe for a perfect weekday curry…
Hot off the launch of his latest book, Veggie Lean in 15, Joe Wicks has shared his special vegetarian recipe for a super-healthy chickpea, tomato and spinach curry! It's bound to be a winner with the family this week.
Chickpea, tomato and spinach curry
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp garlic–ginger paste
- 1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 2 handfuls of spinach leaves
- squeeze of lemon juice
- handful of coriander leaves
- coconut yoghurt, to serve – optional
1. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Chuck in the onion, along with a pinch of salt. Cook for 6 minutes until soft.
2. Stir in the garlic–ginger paste, turmeric and garam masala. Cook for 1 minute, stirring until it smells fragrant.
3. Turn up the heat, chuck in the tomatoes and the tin of chickpeas with all of their water. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper, then leave the curry to bubble away for 5 minutes.
4. Drop in the spinach leaves. Once wilted, take the pan off the heat and squeeze in the lemon juice to taste. Spoon into a bowl, stir through most of the coriander leaves, then top with the rest. Serve with coconut yoghurt, if you like.
Joe's new book, Veggie Lean in 15, is out now. To find out more, visit www.thebodycoach.com.