Whether you're a dedicated veggie, or you just enjoy the wonderful world of vegetables, this recipe is a guranteed crowd-pleaser!
My Lovely Lasagne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 100g asparagus, each cut into three pieces
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g frozen broad beans
- 100g pesto
- zest of 1 lemon
- 150g mascarpone
- 50g vegetarian hard cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper
- 6 lasagne sheets
- 4 tbsp milk
- green salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan 160ºC, gas mark 4). Grab yourself a smallish ovenproof dish.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Crush in the garlic clove and tip in the asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the frozen peas and broad beans. Cook for another minute until the peas and broad beans have thawed.
3. Take the pan off the heat and chuck the greens into a bowl. Mix through the pesto, lemon zest, 100g mascarpone, half the grated cheese and some salt and pepper.
4. Spoon a third of the mix into the ovenproof dish, then top with two sheets of lasagne. Repeat the process until
all the filling and pasta are used up. For the final layer, mix the remaining mascarpone with the milk. Pour this over the top of the pasta sheets and sprinkle over the remaining hard cheese.
5. Bake for 35–40 minutes until the pasta has no resistance when you prick it with a fork. Leave to rest for 5 minutes before diving in. Serve with a green salad.
Veggie Lean in 15 by Joe Wicks is out now! To find more of Joe's recipes or to buy a copy, head to www.thebodycoach.com.
Joe Wicks image by Conor McDonnell
Recipe images by Maja Smend