Mix up your weekday dinners with this delicious superfood pasta…
If, like us, you're still feeling totally exhausted from the Christmas and New Year cooking, then it's time to opt for some super-easy recipes to get you through this week and fill you with goodness! This spinach pasta with savoy cabbage and gorgonzola takes less than half a hour to prepare – perfect for an easy after-work dinner or for some easy lunchtime meal prep.
Spinach pasta with savoy cabbage & gorgonzola
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 echalion shallots, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 small savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest, plus a squeeze of juice to serve
- 250g Seeds of Change Organic Spinach Trottole Pasta
- 75g gorgonzola piccante, cut into small pieces
1. Heat the oil in a large, wide pan set over a medium heat and fry the shallots for 8 minutes until lightly golden. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the honey, cabbage and 3 tbsp water; fry for another 3-4 minutes until just wilted. Add the lemon zest and season.
2. Meanwhile, simmer the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes. Scoop out a cupful of the cooking liquid, then drain. Tip the pasta into the wide pan with 3 tbsp of the cooking liquid; toss everything together over a high heat. Fold through the gorgonzola, check the seasoning and serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon juice.
For added crunch, sprinkle some roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts over the top of the pasta.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose. To find thousands of recipes, head to www.waitrose.com/recipes.