Christmas is just around the corner, so it's time to start practising those festive bakes…
One of the best things about Christmas has to be the food. That's why we've teamed up with California Walnuts to bring you this delicious recipe for Mini Cranberry Bundt Cakes - perfect for a Yuletide tea party!
Mini Cranberry Bundt Cakes
Makes: 4 cakes
Preparation time: 45 mins
- 35g butter
- 1 medium egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 50g plain flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 35g California walnuts, ground
- 1.5 tbsp dried cranberries, chopped
Psst… you’ll also need 4 mini Bundt cake tins!
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (fan 160°C).
2. Oil the mini Bundt cake tins and set aside, then melt the butter in a small saucepan and leave aside to cool.
3. With a hand or stand mixer on the highest speed, beat the egg and egg yolk well for 1 minute until fluffy, then add the sugar while mixing constantly on a low setting. Mix on low for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the mixture and incorporate carefully on the lowest speed. When the mix is combined, add the ground walnuts and cranberries, then finally blend in butter.
5. Fill the mini Bundt cake tins and bake on a baking tray for 15 - 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Serve warm, or cold, alongside a hot cuppa!
Recipe courtesy of California Walnuts