The battle between tech giants Google and Amazon is still in full swing, as Google responds to Amazon's Echo Show with its brand new Google Home Hub…
When it comes to rivalries, it doesn't get much bigger than Google Home vs Amazon Echo. After Amazon launched the Echo Show smart display last year, Google has responded with its brand new smart display product – Google Home Hub – just in time for its 20th anniversary.
So what's new about the Google Home Hub? Well, the obvious difference between the standard Google Home model and the new and improved Google Home Hub is the addition of a 7-inch screen. This screen allows you to quickly visualise your day-to-day calendar events, automatically view your latest photo memories and watch YouTube videos with a simple command.
Plus, with its built-in Google Assistant, you can enjoy all the normal fab features associated with the Google Home, just now with the help of a handy screen!
The Google Home Hub in a nutshell…
- Features a 7-inch screen with an ambient light sensor, meaning your Hub will adjust itself to match the colours and lighting in its environment.
- Is available in four colours – Chalk, Charcoal, Aqua, and Sand.
- Allows you to view your family activities using Google Calendar, or your commute through Google Maps.
- Lets you enjoy all your photo memories, while also skipping any blurry or duplicate pics through Live Albums from Google Photos. New photos will also show up automatically on the device, too. Plus you can also search for specific photos, for example, a simple "Hey Google, show pictures from graduation" will automatically show the photos from that day.
- Gives you access to all of YouTube's videos with just a basic voice command. If you need help with chopping an onion, simply say "Hey Google, show me how to dice an onion" and it will bring up a YouTube video demonstration.
- Can control over 10,000 types of smart home devices, including your lights, thermostats, TVs, cameras, and Chromecast, even when you're away from home!
- Cam be combined with Nest products, like the Nest Hello Doorbell, allowing you to be at home, even when you're out! Simply say "Hey Google, show me who's at the front door" and the video feed from your Nest Hello Doorbell will appear on the screen.
Google Home Hub is £139 and available for pre-order from today from the Google Store and Currys PC World.
It will be available to buy from retailers including the Google Store, Currys PC World, Maplin, John Lewis and Argos in store from 22nd October 2018.