Spruce up your interiors using a new twist on a classic painting technique with Rust-Oleum Colour Wash paint.
This fashionable, pearlescent stain (available in four shades) lightly tints wood, adding bright pops of colour while still displaying the woods natural grain.
By adding beautiful translucent colour to bare or unpainted wood you can add texture, dimension and natural paint layers to your piece.
You will need
Rust-Oleum Colour Wash
Medium paint brush
IKEA RAST drawers or bare wood chest of drawers
1. Remove drawer handles and place them to one side.
2. Measure each drawer to find the centre and mark out your chevron design with masking tape, ensuring the drawer edges are covered. Trim any extra tape to give clean lines.
3. Paint the bare wood sections, alternating pink to blue.
4. Remove all masking tape once dry.
5. Remask the chevron design to leave one stripe of bare wood and one stripe of colour in each section.
6. Paint each area again in the same colours, thus giving some sections a second coat. Remove masking tape once dry.
7. Reattach the handles and admire your brand new, bespoke drawers.
Tutorial courtesy of Rust-Oleum