With Great British Bake Off inspiring many of us to release our inner baker, it seems the perfect time to cook up a treat.
If you’re after a helping hand to take your bakes to the next level, PromotionalCodes.org.uk have compiled a list of tips that are guaranteed to help...
1. When you're icing cookies and cakes, use a syringe to make it easier to apply.
2. Do you find brown sugar hard? Well there are two simple ways around it - either microwave it in a dish covered with a wet paper towel for around 20 seconds, or alternatively, bake it for five minutes at 300oF.
3. If you're cutting cookies, dip the cutter into the flour - this stops the dough from sticking to it.
4. When you're scooping up muffin mix, simply use an ice cream scoop. This way, they'll be the same size.
5. Fill your icing bag quickly and without mess by placing them over a cup or glass.
6. Having unwanted eggshell in a mixing bowl is never ideal, but luckily, there's an easy way to get rid of it - simply wet your finger, reach into the bowl and then retrieve the shell.
7. If you overcook any cakes or cookies, you can shave off any burnt bits with a peeler or grater.
8. A paper plate will make the perfect splash guard on your food mixer. This will make sure you don't have any powdery or liquid splatters.
9. When you're measuring syrup or honey, spray the measuring spoon or cup with cooking spray - they'll then slide off with no sticky messes.
10. A vegetable peeler is ideal for making the perfect chocolate curls.
11. When you use frozen fruit in a cake or pie, you should coat it in flour first. This removes some of the moisture and makes sure it doesn't sink to the bottom.
12. Cookie dough should be left to rest for ten minutes before you add the dry ingredients. This gives your cookies a chewier centre and crisper edge.
13. Create a smooth, glassy finish for your ganache by using a hairdryer. A spatula can then be used to even out the melting chocolate.
14. Cookie cutters will make the top crust of a pie.
15. If you don't have a rolling pin, don't despair - simply use a wine bottle instead.
16. You can get more juice from citrus fruits by heating them in the microwave for around 15 seconds.
17. When you're baking a pastry case blind, don't worry about expensive baking beans - instead, use rice or dried peas that you place on baking paper.