You've seen the consequences of plastic pollution on social media and Blue Planet ll, but now it's time to join the #RefillRevolution…
From plastic straws to reusable carrier bags, it seems like everyone is finally doing their bit to curb plastic pollution – and what better way to celebrate it than National Refill Day?
In a bid to encourage everyone to ditch the throwaway bottles and commit to using the various water refill stations based around the UK, National Refill Day is here to help you cut down on single-use plastics.
With around 16 million bottles ending up in landfill and waterways every single day in the UK alone, it's time to start investing in the various companies that offer fantastic refilling services. Not only will you better the environment, you'll also save a tonne of cash!
Here are 5 facts about the #RefillRevolution that you probably didn't know already…
1. You can get free drinking water from loads of high street shops, including John Lewis, Morrisons, Starbucks, Costa and Greggs!
2. Worried about keeping hydrated on your travels? Well now Heathrow Airport has became the first official transport hub to sign up and supply a free refill station.
3. You can now get an app which will tell you where your nearest water refill station! It's called Refill.
4. The water industry has recently partnered with City to Sea in a refill campaign that could save a billion bottles by 2025 with Refill stations on every UK high street.
5. If just 1 in 10 Brits refilled their bottle once a week, it would save 340 million plastic bottles every year!
Join the revolution and take a pic of your reusable water bottle the hashtag #RefillRevolution!
To find out more, click here.