Terrazzo is one of the top trends for this season, so why not give your desk area a revamp with this stylish DIY terrazzo print desk?
You will need:
- Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint
- Rust-Oleum Furniture Lacquer (spray)
- Homebase Clever Cube
- MDF sheet (cut to size)
- Cutting mat
- Sticky back plastic
- Stanley knife
- Drill and screws
- Artist brushes
- Roller and tray
- Paint stirrer & opener
1. Take your chosen shade of Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint for the base (we used Chalk White) and stir thoroughly before use. Paint the top, sides and front of the MDF sheet with a roller and leave this to dry. Chalky Finish Furniture Paint is perfect for MDF as there's no need to prime. You may require a second coat.
2. To create your stencil, place the sticky back plastic on the cutting mat and begin to cut out a terrazzo design with a stanley knife. If needed, print out a picture of terrazzo and used this as a guide.
3. Stick your stencil to the MDF, ensuring it's secure. Take your remaining Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint shades and paint in your design. We chose Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture in Ink Blue, Belgrave and Duck Egg. Once dry, protect and seal the paint with Rust-Oleum Furniture Finishing Lacquer.
4. Personalise the Clever Cube to match your project. We painted the top two sections of the cube (and the wall brackets) with Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint in Belgrave. We also attached hooks for additional compact organisation!
5. Using a drill and screws, attach the brackets to the wall and secure the terrazzo table top in place.
6. Decorate your desk with all your essentials!
For more information or inspiration, visit www.makeityours.co.uk.