The day has finally arrived…it's National Burger Day!
To celebrate the most important day in everyone's calendar, veggie aficionado Linda McCartney has teamed up with Gaz Oakley (a.k.a. Avant-Garde Vegan) to bring you the ultimate vegan-friendly burger – the 'Slammin' Sriracha burger.
- 4 Linda McCartney’s Vegetarian Pulled Pork 1/4lb Burgers
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 Toasted Burger buns
Sriracha Rainbow Slaw
- 12 Carrots, peeled & grated
- 100g Red Cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Sprinkling of Black & White Sesame Seeds
- Cucumber Ribbons
- Additional Sriracha (optional)
1. First up, prepare your garnishes. Peel and grate the cabbage and onions for the slaw, and prep your cucumber ribbons.
2. When you’re ready to serve, pre heat your frying pan over a high heat & add the oil.
3. When the pan is hot add the burgers & fry for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
4. Meanwhile, mix together the slaw ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside until you’re ready to serve. Pop your burger buns in the toaster.
5. Once the burgers are cooked, place them in your toasted burger buns and load up on toppings - add dollops of sriracha slaw, and pile high with cucumber ribbons and tasty garnishes for the ultimate indulgence.