Treat yourself to the breakfast of champions with this Cloud Egg recipe from Team GB Athlete, Max Whitlock!
- 4 British Lion Eggs, separated
- 25g parmesan, finely grated, plus extra for garnish
- 100g wafer thin ham, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp. chives, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 100g baby spinach, slightly wilted
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200Fan/Gas Mark 7. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Whisk the egg whites with an electric hand whisk in a large, clean bowl with some seasoning until stiff.
3. Using a large metal spoon fold in the parmesan, ham and chives. Place four mounds of egg whites onto the prepared baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon create a slight dip in the middle of each.
4. Bake for 3-4 minutes, then slide the egg yolk on top and bake for a further 3-4 minutes, until the egg whites are golden.
5. While the eggs bake heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat and add the baby spinach with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until just starting to wilt.
6. Serve the cloud eggs, scattered with extra chives and parmesan cheese, with the wilted spinach.
Recipe courtesy of British Lion Eggs