Father's Day is just around the corner, which means it's time to get cooking in praise of all those fab dads out there!
Bursting with a creamy citrus flavour, this recipe is a great way to celebrate the day.
- 150g ginger biscuits
- 60g butter, melted
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 150g sugar
- 3 free range eggs
- zest and 1 tbsp juice each from 1 lemon, 1 lime and 1 orange
For the sour cream topping:
- 230g sour cream
- 75g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F). Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
2. Pulse the biscuits in a food processor, or place into a sealable plastic food bag and bash with a rolling pin, until the biscuits resemble fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined, or mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter in a bowl. Spoon the biscuit mixture into the tin and press evenly to form the base and sides. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with a handmixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each until just blended. Using a Microplane Master Series Zester gently zest the lemon, lime and orange into the mixture (leaving a slice and a pinch of zest from each fruit for decorating). Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour over the biscuit base.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 mins (or until the centre of the filling has a little wobble). Run a knife around the rim of the pan to loosen the cake and cool before removing the rim.
5. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
6. Mix the sour cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract until well blended, then carefully spread over the cheesecake.
7. Decorate with the fruit slices and remaining zest.
To find out more about Microplane's latest products, visit www.microplaneintl.com.