Fancy making the perfect floral centrepiece for your Easter table this weekend? Then follow Front Row Florists's handy step-by-step guide to making a showstopping arrangement!
1. Pick a theme or colour, perhaps keeping on trend with this years Pantone colour of the year – ultra-violet. Select your flowers, we like to choose flowers which don’t have too much of a variation on colour, just different shades. For this bouquet we have chosen Lissianthus, Clematis, Scabious, Phlox and Astrantia. Lay your selection of flowers and foliage in sections in front of you so you can see the assorted styles and textures. In this case we chose Phlox, Lisianthus, Clematis, Scabious and Astrantia.
2. Prepare the flowers and foliage by cutting any excess leaves off the stems so they do not go in the water, as this will decrease life longevity.
3. With a pair of scissors, cut at a diagonal angle 2cm off every stem.
4. Start with the Astrantia and place evenly around the edge of a vase, before adding in the other flowers.
7. Next think about the fragrance you would like to bring to your room. Scented blooms can be an excellent addition to any bouquet, as they bring a long-lasting scent, in this case we have chosen Phlox.
8. Next place the Lisianthus to give a fuller, rounder shape and a burst of colour.
9. Finally start to build up texture, height and depth by placing the Scabious and Clematis in between.
10. Take a glance of your bouquet from all angles to ensure the flowers and colours are distributed evenly. If your flowers need a little perk, change the water and re-cut the stems.
For more tips on flower arrangement, visit www.frontrowflorist.com.