If you want an authentic cocoa fix, then this is the drink for you! Plus, it's gluten free, dairy free and free from refined sugars!
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa or cacao powder
- 250ml of Paleo Foods Co 9% Almond Drink
- 2 tbsp of date nectar (or coconut sugar, maple syrup)
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of vanilla bean powder
- ¼ tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 small pinch of ground cloves
- 1 small pinch of ground chilli or cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp of grated nutmeg
- Cocoa powder for dusting
1. In a medium pot over a low heat, whisk together almond milk, cocoa powder and date nectar.
2. Then add the spice mix of cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, clove and chilli (optional). Bring to a low simmer.
3. Add a small amount of water as desired if you prefer a thinner consistency.
4. Taste and adjust sweeness as needed, adding more date nectar for increased sweetness or chilli for added kick!
5. Divide between 2 mugs and dust with grated nutmeg and a sprinkling of cocoa powder. Enjoy right away!