This celeriac, roquefort and hazelnut soup is the perfect starter for your Christmas Dinner, and super-easy to make!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
4 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, sliced
4 cloves garlic
1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
1 celeriac, peeled and diced
4 Cox’s Orange Pippin apples, cored and quartered
A few sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
1.5 litres Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock
200ml crème fraîche
A few sage leaves
100g Roquefort crumbled
Toasted hazelnuts & hazelnut oil to finish
1. Heat half the oil in a large pan. Add the onions and celery and garlic and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until soft.
2. Add the celeriac, apples and thyme and cook for 2–3 minutes.
3. Add the stock, season, and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes until the celeriac is tender.
4. Remove from the heat and blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Stir in half the crème fraîche.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the sage until crispy. Spoon the soup into bowls and top with the remaining crème fraîche
To serve, drizzle with hazelnut oil, sprinkle with the crispy sage leaves and hazelnuts and crumble over the Roquefort.
Recipe courtesy of Essential Cuisine.