Image: Form at B&Q
We help you tackle your files before the New Year bills hit
1. Start by sorting your papers into what is necessary and what is not. Discard anything that you can find online or promotional material that you haven’t yet followed up.
2. Separate your papers into two categories; long term, to be filed and kept safe, and short term, to be actioned or dealt with.
3. Keep important documents such as birth certificates, wills and passports in a safe or safe deposit box that you can easily access when needed.
4. Shred any confidential or sensitive documents. If you don’t have a shredder, you can do this at a local facility or many companies will pick your documents up and destroy them for you.
5. Try colour coding your files so they are both organised and visually appealing. So, red for bills to be paid, blue for bank statements and so on.