Now that the weather is starting to get better, what better time to get your garden ready for all those tasty vegetable and herbs you will be growing? We've got this easy step-by-step guide from Rust-Oleum to creating a garden planter from a wooden pallet. Check out this simple project and make your own.
*Always start by reading the instructions on the aerosol.
1. Move the pallet outside and place on newspaper or dust sheets.
2. Begin by sanding back the wood using sandpaper or a sanding block.
3. Wipe down with a damp cloth and leave to dry.
4. Apply a coat of Rust-Oleum Surface Primer to all surfaces to be painted.
5. Lay flat and staple landscaping fabric to the back of the wood pallet (ensuring the fabric is large enough to tuck around and cover the sides).
6. Apply two coat of Rust-Oleum Chalkboard Spray Paint, wait a minimum of two hours between coats. (For best results use a steady back and forth motion, overlapping layers as you go).
7. Leave to dry for the recommended time on the can.
8. Lay flat and fill the planter with compost soil and your desired seeds or plants.
For more information please visit www.rustoleum.com