Product: Pyrex Glass Cake Dish
250g finely crushed digestive biscuits
125g melted butter
5 egg yolks
160g caster sugar
500g cream cheese
125g double cream
Seeds from one vanilla pod (or equivalent)
Juice and zest of ½ lemon
5 egg whites
1. Combine the biscuit and butter then press into the bottom of a Pyrex cake dish to form an even base that rises up the sides a little.
2. Chill the base.
3. Beat the egg yolks and caster sugar together until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Incorporate all the other ingredients in to form a smooth mixture, making sure to add the lemon juice last.
5. Beat egg white in a separate bowl using an electric whisk until stiff peaks form.
6. Fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture until completely combined.
7. Pour the cheesecake mixture onto the biscuit base and bake at 180°C for 70 minutes
8. Turn the cake once during cooking to ensure even cooking.
9. Let the cheesecake cool on a rack before chilling in the fridge.
For further information about Pyrex visit www.pyrexuk.com.