Product: Pyrex Glass Flan Dish
430g double cream
400ml condensed milk
3 cardamom pods
½ tsp cinnamon
1. Crush the cardamom pods gently and remove the dark seeds to crush to a fine powder.
2. Add all the ingredients together and mix well, making sure the egg is beaten up.
3. Pour into a Pyrex glass flan dish and bake at 150°C for 40 minutes.
4. The flan is baked when the centre reaches 74°C.
5. Chill the flan thoroughly.
6. Just before serving sprinkle an even layer of demerara sugar over the flan (40-50g).
7. Using a blowtorch, caramelise the sugar to give a crispy crackling surface without cooking the flan.
8. Sprinkle over chopped pistachios to finish.
For further information about Pyrex visit www.pyrexuk.com.