No Christmas Dinner is complete without a Christmas pud! Our traditional recipe is the perfect showstopper to end your fabulous meal.
Cooking time: 5 hours
· 300g mixed raisins, currants and sultanas
· 100g dried cranberries
· 100g dates or prunes chopped
· 1x small cooking apple, peeled and grated
· 1x orange – juice and zest
· 1x lemon – zest only
· 50g mixed peel
· 100g glace cherries
· 200g mixed, chopped nuts – walnuts, almonds etc.
· 200g granulated molasses
· 2x tbsp. black treacle
· 1 tsp nutmeg
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp ground mixed spice
· 50g blanched almonds, toasted and chopped
· 50g white breadcrumbs
· 100g self-raising flour
· 100g cold butter
· 100g shredded suet
· 2 large eggs
· 150ml milk
· Brandy butter, maple syrup or icing sugar for topping
1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl (excluding any toppings) and mix well together.
2. Grease the Pyrex Cook & Go round dish and place a piece of greaseproof paper at the bottom of the dish to prevent sticking, and fill with the mixture until 2/3 full.
3. Cover the dish with a double layer of greaseproof paper which is pleated in the middle and then cover with a layer of foil, which is also pleated in the middle.
4. Tie a piece of string around the rim of the dish and then a 2nd piece from the underneath of the dish to the top, creating a handle.
5. In a large saucepan, place a heatproof dish at the bottom (upside down), and put the Cook & Go dish on top.
6. Pour boiling water into the saucepan until it reaches half way.
7. Cover the saucepan with a lid and once boiled, reduce to a simmer for 5 hours (ensure you check the water frequently to maintain the height of the water).
8. The pudding is ready once a skewer, inserted in to the middle, comes out clean.
9. Remove pudding from the dish by placing a lid on top and turning the dish upside down.
10. Finish with a drizzle of brandy butter, maple syrup or a dusting of icing sugar.
Tip: Make your Christmas pudding in advance and use the Cook & Go plastic lid to seal it and safely store in the fridge or the freezer.
For further information about Pyrex visit www.pyrexuk.com.